I saw Beyoncé last night and it was amazing.
(I shared it on Snapchat, so check it out before my story expires: SabrinaSmelko)
Her dancing, her performance, the graphics and theatrics, the dancers, the badass guitarist and drummer, the fireworks — everything was perfect. Paired with the fact that she’s been killing’ it and pumping out songs for twenty years. C’mon! And her voice — my gosh! So many awesome songs, and so much dancing that I ripped the butt of my pants (not ashamed).
So many of us were complaining on the train ride home that we were going to be so tired tomorrow (i.e. today), and all I could think was, “this is nothing compared to how she must feel, but she has to travel and do it all again tomorrow… and the next day,” which is motivation enough to slay your own day, week, life. After all, as the novelty shirt I once saw said best, we have just as many hours in the day as Beyoncé.
And on that note, enjoy this weeks Links and Likes with where to buy those trendy swan pool floaties (or one in the form of pizza), what I bought and am awaiting from ASOS, cool Instagram feeds to follow, a DIY paper plant tutorial, the garment rack I hope saves my closet, and so much more.
- I’ve been on a hunt for the perfect backyard lounge set (as you probably could tell from my patio inspiration post), and I fell for this 4-piece modular lounge seating group. Problem is, my scheme is black, not cream. Maybe in another life — or perhaps in yours?
- After virtual-shopping their site for years, I finally just made my first order through ASOS. It’s about dang time! What did I buy? This pink ribbed culotte jumpsuit and this adorable spotted dress.
- If you haven’t heard Radiohead’s new album, A Moon Shaped Pool, you’re in for a treat.
- The Instagram profile of the week to follow goes to… _SightUnseen_, an online mag that uncovers what’s new and next in design and arts. *coolio sunglasses emoji face*
- But I can’t not mention @Shaneikaaaa as well, who tipped me off to this awesome gigantic swan floatie (pizza ones to follow in similar products).
- I just ordered this black garment rack from Wayfair.ca (yes, they now have a store for Canadians which means no awful duties and fees)!
- I may be a plant-snob, but these DIY paper plant tutorials are so pretty, it may be worth switching to the dark, dead side.
- If you’re garden-obsessed like me, you’ve got to check out this sneak peek of Garden Design Magazines latest issue, Wild Gardens.