Week In Review: March 17, 2016
Another week has gone by awaiting a big opportunity — and my patience is being tested — but I’m very hopeful and am crossing all of my fingers and appendages for this to pull through! Otherwise I’ve been busy giving my bedroom closet a barn-door makeover (coming soon), working on fun Design*Sponge features, and putting together some estimates on a few freelance illustration jobs that have come my way.
Here’s what else happened this week that I fancy:
- I don’t normally like using photography as wall art, but I’d deck out all of my surfaces in the work of photographer Mária Švarbová. There’s something about her colour grading that is just stunning.
- I started a new column on Design*Sponge recently called Monday Mood and this week’s post was all about music. I dug around in search of awesome tracks and put together a playlist. Go listen and enjoy!
- I made magical fun happy hats! There’s a grey 5-panel with black puff embroidery, and a black baseball cap with white in my shop.
- I’ve been Snap-happy lately. Hit me up on SnapChat: SabrinaSmelko
- I worked with Colin and Justin on a Before and After feature of their cottage renovation from season two of Cabin Pressure. (It was also announced this week that I’ll be on Game of Homes alongside them for an episode as a guest judge!)
- IKEA is introducing a new hydroponic plant series that lets you grow your own veggies and greens indoors! I am elated.
- Calvin Klein + Urban Outfitters = I want this sweater.
- I’m digging this mid-century modern wall hook.
Leave a Reply