What better way to welcome in cozy season than with Rosemary and Herb Parmesan Potato Bread, made with love from my kitchen to yours!
This recipe dates back to 1992 from a baking book given to us by Michael’s mom, and while I made a few tweaks (more cheese, and the addition of potato flour), it’s a classic comfort with loads of savoury flavour that you can enjoy in under three hours! Best served with honey butter, my gluten-free and vegan homies can enjoy it with some simple swaps.
Keep scrolling for recipe and sources 🙂
This post is brought to you by Crate & Barrel Canada.
Photography by the lovely Darby Magill.
Savoury Herb and Cheese Potato Bread
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 T of warm water
- 1 c mixed fresh herbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1 c bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Stir yeast and sugar into warm water and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mince herbs and combine in a large bowl with Parmesan cheese, flours, il, salt, and pepper. Make a well in the centre and pour in yeast mixture, working it into other ingredients.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until elastic, or use a stand mixer with a bread attachment (10 minutes). Place dough aside, cover fully with a tea towel, and rest for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down and form in two baguettes or one large loaf. Place on an oiled baking sheet and cover with oiled plastic wrap, let rise one more hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake in a preheated oven 375° oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack.